Specialist and research projects carried out by Cosgraves Property Advisers have been wide-ranging and include the financial analysis of rural subdivisions and farms, detailed surveys of the tourism industry, the industrial, commercial and residential real estate markets, market studies in both New South Wales and Victorian Alpine Resort areas, portfolio asset valuations, portfolio financial reporting valuations.
Major projects and valuations carried out by members of the firm include the following:
- Asset valuations and portfolio assessments for Albury City Council, Sunraysia Institute of TAFE, Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE, Goulburn and Ovens Institute of TAFE, Australia Post, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Shell Company of Australia, Victorian Department of Sustainability and Environment.
- Review of the performance of State and Council-owned caravan parks and camping grounds throughout NSW and preparing management plan and recommendations to optimise returns.
- Detailed studies of the Motel industry in Albury-Wodonga in successive years on behalf of the Albury-Wodonga Moteliers Association to provide a data base for investment decisions, including periodic updates of the surveys.
- Studies of leasehold tenure for commercial and industrial land throughout New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory, recommending the most appropriate bases for adoption by the Albury-Wodonga Development Corporation.
- Studies of the trends in the value of industrial, commercial and residential real estate throughout Albury-Wodonga and other centres over the past decade as a basis for compiling development guidelines on behalf of the Albury-Wodonga Development Corporation.
- Feasibility studies and valuations of major office developments in the Albury Central Business District on behalf of developers, purchasers and financiers.
- Valuations and feasibility studies of major retail developments in Provincial Centres in North-eastern Victoria and the Murray Region of New South Wales on behalf of major financial institutions.
- Surveys of the residential rental markets in major New South Wales and Victorian inland regional centres on behalf of the Albury-Wodonga Development Corporation and the New South Wales Department of Housing.
- Negotiated the acquisition of Options over the key properties comprising the site for the proposed Oaklands Coal and Power Project on behalf of the CRA-Mitsubishi Joint Venture.
- Negotiating the acquisition of land on Gateway Island, Wodonga (between the Cities of Albury and Wodonga) for Wodonga City Council and the Albury Wodonga Development Corporation for the Gateway Island Water Park and Recreation project, similar to but smaller than the Penrith Lakes scheme.
- Carried out a review of the Assets ($90M) of the Albury Wodonga Development Corporation and prepared a plan for its winding up, for the Federal Government.
- Carried out a study of the land values, tenure site rentals and charges in the five major Alpine Resorts of Perisher Valley, Thredbo, Mount Buller & Mount Hotham, and Falls Creek in conjunction with McCann Property and Planning Cooma, for Perisher Blue Pty Ltd.